(You can read my first Lessons of London here)
- Grocery shopping is still an adventure; zucchini is called courgettes, eggplant is aubergine...
- One day we wanted a little sweet snack and I was confused what a digestive cookie was and then found this adorable and smart sleeve of Oreos...why don't they package Oreos like this in the states?? It would really help with eating half a pack and a half gallon of milk in one sitting! Not saying I've ever done that...or am I?!
- Fashion is CRAY CRAY!! I feel as if I am back in the 1980's. I was wearing onsies in the 80's but these kids truly went back to their roots. And if you are wearing a sheer shirt or skirt or dress apparently you must wear dark undergarments or hey none at all.
- Number one rule of London is to never leave the flat without an umbrella. It may be sun shiny bright but it still will rain on ya.
- There is a newspaper that is handed out at the tube stations, The Evening Standard. I always grab one and read what is going on around us and while reading some of the articles I come across the interesting spelling of words and how they differ...where we would use a 'z' they tend to use the letter 's'...i.e. realise vs realize. Also, throwing trash away is called 'bin it'. It is a trash bin not a trash can.
I'm sure I will learn more today, so yal come back next week for another lesson, ya hear...