Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bittersweet Goodbyes...

You know how each day some people dread going to work, doing the same thing each day, dealing with the silly work place politics, handling everyone else's problems and really get annoyed with their job?? No?, this isn't your situation? Well then I'm jealous.

I truly did enjoy my time at my job, made some good friends but also dealt with a lot of stupidity that made me dread it at times. I worked in a facility mainly of men and let me tell you something...they create just as much drama as women. Whew! I never thought I would have been here longer than a year because of the atmosphere but I truly began to enjoy it...not really sure how or why that changed. 

So today is my last day...bittersweet. This is all I knew for the past 1.5 years. I'd go to work, go home, run/walk, cook dinner and repeat. I didn't have friends outside of work yet, wasn't involved in anything else besides work. We were new to the area and just trying to get our bearings. 

I'm truly going to miss it... But I know there's bigger adventures ahead and I'm excited for those as well. 

So here's the goodbye to the grey cubicle, double screens and the comfy chair that took over a year to get...


No comments:

Post a Comment