Thursday, March 6, 2014

Houston Rodeo and BBQ Cookoff

Last weekend I went to the Houston Rodeo BBQ Cookoff. I had been before but it was years ago. The Uphams and Avingers sponsor the University of Houston tent which allows us to eat and drink all the goodies they cook at the tent. The chicken was so moist, the pulled beef was flavorful and I enjoyed the fajita beef too. Calista created a mash up of potato salad and ranch style beans and it was yummy!! 


This is the stack of ribs they prepped for one day. Each bundle is three racks. Lotsa ribs in my belly!!


There was entertainment but I can't remember the bands. It was good Texas country for sure. And the people watching was in full effect. Some people just amaze me that they leave the house dressed the way they are. 


In Texas everything is bigger! I saw this random guy walking by with these beads and had to get a picture! Go big or go home!! 


Sunday we went to Pappasitos brunch and their frozen mimosas are super refreshing. And we had such a fun server. It was a great Sunday! Even went back to the Avingers and played encore... Which I am horrible at... And we jammed music. 

I attempted to watch the oscars but yea a nap was more necessary. 

Can't wait for next year!

Cheers, Nelly




1 comment:

  1. Think it's an understatement of how much bigger things are in Texas...dang! Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete