Monday, March 31, 2014

True Meaning of Friendship

Many times I catch myself sad that I don't have that "best friend"....but I have many best friends actually. 

In fact I work with one of my best friends. It sounds middle school or childish at my age to say best friend but that is how I feel about her.

We have been working together for about 2.5 years. It didn't take long at all for us to become friends. I have trusted her from day one and I have felt comfortable being 100% myself. I know I can call her at any time of the day and she would answer. She would do and does whatever she can to help me. She has even given me sweet hugs when my grandmother passed and I was so lost at work. I still remember her saying 'I know you don't like hugging but it's what you need." And of course, as always she was right. 

We celebrate birthdays together, I adore her two sweet and handsome boys and her relationship with her husband is beautiful. She probably doesn't realize how much I truly look up to her. She is a hard worker and an amazing mother. One day when I have a family I want to be half the mom and wife she is...I am not sure I could ever measure up to her. 

When I was (and still am) going through the toughest part of my life to date and she has always been there; to just listen and offer advice and reassure me I am going to be better in the end. She's a rock for me. 

One of the many things I envy of hers...is her trendy style and her SHOES!! She is an addict of shoes and they are normally heels that I would break my neck in but she rocks them all the time! 

Today she shared a Mexican fiesta with me for lunch. Fajita, chicken, sausage, charro beans, amazing salsa and queso. She and her husband made it all and it was to die for. 


That's what real friends are for!! Oh and she made cake balls. I tell her all the time she needs a bakery. 

She is definitely an amazing person with such a pure heart and incredibly giving and caring. I am thankful I get to call her my friend...one of my best friends. 

Thanks Barbara for always being a friend and I look forward to our relationship only to grow and strengthen!! 

Cheers, Nelly

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you can be too old to have a best friend...I've actually got a few. They're friends that have been through hell and high water with you, pick up conversation after a few weeks like you talked 5 minutes ago and ones who never judge you...I call them lifetime friends.

    ReplyDelete